Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14th, 2015: What a hard, yet GREAT week

This has been the hardest week of my mission, I have never seen the force of opposition so hard in my life like I saw this week.  We lost a bunch of investigators and we also lost a couple of baptism dates, and Matias became sick, so what did we do? We sat down and thanked God, which was hard to do when all these bad things were happening but we did not ask why, we only tried to reason why they happened and guess what! After a bunch of prayer and fasting we had really the greatest week I have ever had in my mission, all in the same week! I remember what happened to Peter as he set off onto the water to go and meet Christ who was so firmly standing on the water, as Peter started to walk I like to think that his feet where wet and he was a little bit cold and began to doubt, so he began to sink, and with that last desperate cry he pleaded to the Lord who caught him and said "why did you doubt man of little faith" why did you doubt? That struck me this week as I was walking around in the cold and the rain searching for people who are ready to be taught the gospel.  I realized that when things got bad we tried to push or way out by our own power! We started to work hard and ram ourselves out of the slump we hit.  Our diligence never faltered but the attitude was the problem.  We trusted in our own power not the Lords.  In the story of Peter he did not save himself from the water did he? He only was saved because he humbled himself and reached out to lock his relationship with the Lord, only then was he saved, and in my mind he was more prepared for the future.  I feel like I have grabbed the hand of the Lord and savior Jesus Christ this week, I know it without a doubt! And I will never try to do things without him! 

Blessing number 1- we found a bunch of new families this week, three to be exact, I love teaching them because I love to think of teaching my own family and to see the family feel this love is so amazing! So awesome! But they are great! I hope that they will progress, but what tender mercies has the Lord sent me? At the end of the week I was crying with my companion, I have not seen such a change in the blessings like this week has taught me, we went from one of the worst weeks of my mission the best week in literally three days.  All of which were helped with prayer throughout the day! So that was a great blessing!

Blessing number 2- MATIAS WAS BAPTISED! He said he would not suffer to wait another week without being baptized! Wow! What a great blessing! I loved to see him enter into the water with his grandpa and be baptized. I have never seen a shivering boy with such a big smile before! And the best thing is that his family is doing great! The dad is a little bit more stubborn but hey! They are progressing; I promise that I will send pics! But his little brother gave talk during the baptism service! Wow it was so special! 

Blessing 3- It rained so much that there were lakes and rivers running through the streets! Funny story is that for the past three days we have been waking up at five thirty to do things for president and to fill up the font.  It was pouring rain, like cats and dogs, like buckets of rain and as we where heading to the church we had bags full of containers of food, Tupperware I think its called, "you all know how much the relief society likes there Tupperware".  As we where walking I smiled and said, "well at least it cant get worse!" Just then the bag holding all our containers spilled out into the street and my companions umbrella broke hahaha and the containers went floating down the street! Laughing and bitterly knowing that I should not of said that,we collected every container and waited in the rain and sang until a taxi came to pick us up!

I know Christ lives and he guides us to a state of happiness, also I love my family. 


Luke, you are a stud, keep it up and have a happy birthday!

This little girls loves her Darth Vader

This guy looks just like Grandpa Passey

Matias


This is my house

I am getting more creative with my pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment