Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th, 2015: Birthday and the One Year mark in the mission.

Wow, what has been happening to me? One year down and it has been a year that was so important to my life, one that has prepped me for what will come in the future.  It really has gone by so fast and I hope that the next year wont go by too fast because I have a bunch of work to do! The summary of this year has been titled "real intent" if we don’t try with real intent we cannot expect to get answers from the lord. But with real intent you and I can receive tons of blessings and all the doors of heaven shall open and bring forth the blessings of God! I cannot believe how much I have grown and all that has happened in one year with the power of god! This week flew by and we had some great stuff happen and I think I will get the best present this year for my birthday! A BAPTISM! 

Carlos is a young man who we have been working with for a long time and we had some really great experiences with him, he has went through some serious hard times, his dad recently went to jail for being abusive........ He is not well off and he is only 17.  He reminds me of Luke a lot and he even said he felt like we are his older brothers, it really almost made me cry! Man I love this kid! He is so pumped! He passed his interview and this Sunday he will be baptized! But the thing is we are trying to get him into is seminary.  So what happened is my companion gave him one of his suits and he put a suit on for his interview, with tear filled eyes he looked in the mirror and said "thank you, I have never worn a suit before......" it was super humbling because that morning it was super hot and I was grumbling about having to put on a suit! Man how wrong was I! I am so blessed with such little things that sometimes I don’t even notice! ANOTHER THING I HAVE LEARNED IN MY YEAR IN CHILE, YOU CAN NEVER KNOW THE BLESSINGS YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU ARE SURRONDED BY THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HAD WHAT YOU HAVE! It was so humbling to realize that my parents have provided me with everything, while Carlos has worked long hours of the day for every peso he has! He understands blessings from god more than any other kid or man I know, he has blessed me a lot, I love the mission.  Anyway he is going to a seminary dance this Friday! He will pick up the chicks with his sly salsa moves! I have a bunch of pics of him because he wanted to pose. hahaha what a champ!

Also my other two little brother and sister from Chile are enrolled in seminary! It's its so great! They will do so great!  Sometimes and I feel that life is hard for them, they are doing great and are always joking around with us, putting salt in our drinks etc. then the beg us not to go.... if I can only help the youth know how important the gospel is! I never could focus on how important it was until it was over, to all the youth, take advantage of the situation. 

I also went on interchanges with the zone leaders and it was crazy! We went to a bunch of meetings and we put a baptism date with them! It was fun and they are working hard, I’m glad for there great examples that they are for me! We went running in the morning all through the city of Valparaiso and I felt super blessed to live in this crazy city that’s so old school but modern! How awesome!

I also should work in IHOP! I made a bunch of pancakes this Sunday for a family home evening with the bishop’s family and with Carlos, made like bunch’s hahahahahahahaha so crazy! I love this ward! Time is going by so fast and it has not slowed down.

I have never really shared my testimony before through an email but I want you guys to know that family’s are forever, that’s why I’m here, my family will live forever AND I WILL BRING MORE FAMILYS TO CHRIST! I know that without my beloved savior I would be lost.  Through his loving atonement he never once thought of anything else but of us, he saw us face to face and he bled and died for us! I know he lives, I have heard his voice speak to me through the spirit and I have felt him helping me in this great work.  One year down and I have raised the bar to do even bigger things for the next year, I’m locked and loaded and pumped! Lets see what can happen!


P.S. please pray for Benjamin and his mom, his mom got in an accident at work, super malo! 

This is the cast of Patricia, Benjamin's mom.
I wrote all over it!
It's hard for them because she can't work

Carlos!  This guy, what a boss!


No comments:

Post a Comment