Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21st, 2015: This life in Chile is so crazy!

So Chile is like seriously going down hill fast! Man as I am writing this letter another earthquake hit Chile and it was really strong! I’m sure nervous about my friends in the north but I now that God will protect his sons and daughters.  We have had so many experiences this week! My new companion and I have passed some serious crazy stuff together. First off we thought we had diabetes, second we almost got destroyed by three earthquakes, four if you count the one that just happened like 2 minutes ago! We almost got attacked and munched on by a couple of dogs and we have had a bunch of other experiences!

So the earthquake happened in Coquimbo, good news is that Quilpue is like a little protected island from the world.  But there was a huge tsunami in Viña and in Coquimbo, but it was pretty bad here too.  The earth should not move like this! Its moving so fast and in so many directions! The first time the earthquake hit was as we were walking and everything started to move and I asked my companion, "why are everyone shaking the fences" and just then we saw the power lines like waves rolling and waving around in the sky like electric waves and we started to run to a park! "Well we attempted to run it was really hard" We are doing fine, the second one was really strong as well but not strong enough to break the glass from the windows so that was a good sign. It was really hard to get control of the zone and find out where everybody was. I was really nervous and finally we got everyone in houses and church buildings and we passed the night feeling the earth shake.  Another little one hit us at one in the morning and we ended up talking to president as he gave us the details. I can’t believe how great of a man he is! He is such a leader and he is such a great example.  He is an Alma, or a King Benjamin, he never raises his voice but he does lead with such a strong influence that I cant believe how great of an example he is! I will forever be a fan that he "kept all 240 missionary’s safe with only his voice" he is a total stud!

Also we thought we had diabetes! Seriously it was crazy! It all passed in one day, we thought in the morning that we needed to cut back on the sugar in our oatmeal or we will get sick.  So my companion has been having weird drops in blood pressure and has been having headaches and stuff like that, so of course we call the awesome convert Cecilia who is a nurse and she told us that those were the signs of diabetes.  She then told us to obey the word of wisdom! Wow my convert is awesome! But my comp became really nervous and started to freak himself out.  So after walking and talking about the effects of diabetes for five hours we finally went and saw my convert Ingrid, her daughter is diabetic  After talking with her and answering all her questions we finally decided that we would have to get and take a test.  She pulled out this ghetto looking machine that pinch’s you and takes out blood and it would see your blood sugar! I was really nervous and I have always had this fear of getting my finger pricked for diabetes! So after watching my companion get up the guts he pricked himself and found out that he pulled a 98 on his blood sugar.  I got up the courage and pricked myself but no blood came out! Ingrid laughed and told me I was a vampire and pricked me again really hard until a stream of blood came out. I pulled off an 80 in my blood sugar, and so we don’t have problems there!

My companion is amazing and such a stud, he has pure desires to help the zone, he is awesome.  He also lives in Alpine, he says his family lives by some people called Passeys, Jared and Alison, huh do I now them?


The mission work is going on strong, we had some great holiday activities and my companion and I wrecked really hard on the potato sack race. hahahaha.

My Comp and me!
In it to win it baby!


Diligence, its the key!

Right after biffing it on the race

Man I love sack races


This one is hilarious but zoom in and look at our faces!

I’m jumping like a rabbit hahahaha

We ran out of money but bought beans, we are so good!

We were waiting for this lady to take pictures and the dog came up and licked my hand! Gross! Also I was wearing my Obama shirt, Gotta rep the peace!

This is a dessert very traditional in Chile, pineapple on a fork .

Us with Javiera our convert.

No comments:

Post a Comment