Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26th, 2015: The Companion of the flea market

Hahahahaha weird title right? But we as a companionship have had a lot of things happen this week, we had some serious miracles pass and we got another baptism! Wow blessings are seriously rolling through and we are really becoming stronger and stronger in the gospel as missionary’s and as a ward as a whole.  We found some new family’s that I am really happy for and we are so stoked that maybe we can have a miracle this 8 of February, also we are covered in flea bites, yummy! hahahahaha but life goes on, we had some great moments and we worked as hard as we can and we are sooooooo tired but happy!

So happy for Elder Allred! Pure smiles yesterday as I looked at him in white as he was getting ready for his first baptism ever! He was so happy and no words can be described when I see people coming into the work and doing what the lord wants of them! It makes me feel like the mouthpiece of the lord and I feel sad when people don’t follow the commandments but I feel even better when they can rise from the dust and be men. But we had the confirmation of Benjamin yesterday and he was so stoked to get up and sit on the "big comfy seat" haha We where super nervous but we gave him the Holy Ghost and everything went well! We also found out that Giovanni has a fear of falling so that made his baptism super hard! He would not go backwards to save his life and Elder Allred had to baptize him like five times to get him all the way under, the last time Elder Allred just went for it and dunked him pushed him all the way to the bottom, I STAND AS A WITNESS TO ALL OF YOU THAT GIOVANNI WAS BAPTISED BY THE POWER OF GOD IN THE CORECT ORDER.  Some may think why would it matter if one hair was still out? Really it means salvation, we must be correct, we must be right one hundred percent of the time, because we are the church of God, thus being the church of god we will come through as the church who does it the right way one hundred percent of the time! I love this work and it was so great to see Giovanni getting baptized! The best was he surprised us after and went up and bore his testimony in front of the whole ward after his baptism talking about how he has never felt so happy before and how he wants to be the best he can be, I know for ta fact that he is a chosen elect person from god, he was found about twenty days ago, talk about a miracle! he was the fastest baptism and the strongest one at that! I love this kid,

OH AND HE SAID HE IS GOING TO SERVE A MISSION!

What a week! One day we where contacting in the jungle! Seriously its a sweet jungle with this river going through it but we went and we found some old stairs and followed them all the way until the stairs literally ended to a dirt path that took us to a man who is a fruit farmer, we saw him far off and my comp said, this guy is chosen.... I believed it when he ran to us and told us he wanted to change his life, I could smell the alcohol on him but we taught him and at the end of the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he said something that stunned me " I have already been baptized in your church" We just lost animo but then he said his family should get baptized! So we went back the next day and taught this awesome family! There are four of them with baptism dates for the eighth of Feb.! I’m so stoked and they all went to church as well as other investigators! we should have nine this month! Stroked is the only word that can describe it! 

Elder Allred and I have been having some weird night terrors and its been crazy! I woke up to him sitting up in his bed screaming "elder, elder! I asked what was going on and he said that a spider of the size of a basketball on the wall and it went running down on the floor, I was freaking out and we turned on the light and looked all over the apartment to find this spider which vanished from sight! weird huh!

Also I did another interview for the sister missionary’s in my district and his name is Mesach, he is 80 years old and kind of crazy he is super hard to understand but we went into the interview and I asked, "Mesach are you ready to be baptized, are you happy" and he simple responded "no I don’t want to get baptized" I was shocked, why would he be here if he did not want to get baptized, so we talked and I shared scriptures we prayed but to no avail as he would refuse to be baptized! I felt so bad going out and telling the Hermana’s that he could not be baptized but he did not even want to be baptized! It was crazy but I prayed so hard that I could feel the spirit and know what to say and to understand him and for that whole interview it was like we where speaking English, it was so spiritual, I honestly felt that we where speaking English, it was incredible.

Well that’s all folks! I love you all so much and that you for your prayers, please pray for Maria, my convert, she is super sick and is suffering a lot and might be sent to the hospital,


I know this church is true, I have never felt so strongly about the church before, but this is not even missionary hype, something is awaking inside me and I feel so good to be the lords servant, thank you for everything, your prayers and your examples.  

Elder Passey


No comments:

Post a Comment