Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 4th, 2015: A Week of Hard Work and Baptisms

I was thinking about where I was last year, I was freezing in the cold water trying to have my first baptism ever with Elias Pina! This Sunday I was yet again in freezing water with Moises my 20 year old Chilean and Yamelet! We where so blessed to see such a great family come one step closer to Christ! The dad is still listening but I’m really scared that he will become an eternal investigator! So we will see what happens and I hope that everything will work out okay! Also the nerves are up on guard because we have transfers this Wednesday. So we will find out if I will get another chance to serve in this same area and with my companion or not! Time will tell!

Speaking of time I really feel like time is my worst enemy! I don’t have enough time in the day to do anything! I feel like days are really short and there is just too much to do! But guess what? I love it. I love every minute I have to be here in the mission and to feel the joy of being a missionary. It’s hard sometimes but we can always make it through if we find faith in our Lord and Savior! I cant believe that one change has already gone by and so much as happened and I feel like I could serve another change right here and be happy, maybe even another six month campaign! 

Funny story, I did something that no one thought I could do! I sang a solo! Yep! Mom before you start to cringe it went all right... my companion played the piano and I sang one verse of “Nearer my God to Thee in Spanish and one in English! Wow it was so heart pounding and I was so nervous! My companion is just learning to play the piano and I can’t sing for squat so it was great! He played the right hand simplified version and I sang with all my might and we where doing great until the very end when my companion messed up and my voice cracked, at the same time! I was so embarrassed and had no idea what to do so I choked through the last line and then we sat down awkwardly.  But I just want you all to know I have made and met my goal that was established over one year ago, I would sing a solo in a baptism service! Check hahahaha the ward was so nice and said it was so great but I knew the truth hhahahaha its okay though!

So we baptized another family member in my new Chilean family! The Castillo family is so great and their 20-year-old son got baptized and asked me to baptize him! It was really hard for him to quit smoking and when he came out of the water he was glowing with happiness! The water by the way was the coldest I have ever felt "it felt the same as when I jumped into the lake the day before Christmas" I was glad thought to see his smiling face!

Yamelet is an angel that searched my family on Facebook and is a fan of my sister Rachel hahahaha so Rachel needs to send a shot out to her using Google translator please! But anyway my companion baptized her and she was a very good sport about the water!


I love the prophet Jacob in the book of Mormon! Also I love Alma! I love how he was so changed through his own will to change! We must all become like him! I love the thought by President Uchdorf , he said that heaven would be filled with people who have made mistakes but have come back to the rod, what power! I love him and I know this church is true! I’m so happy to be apart of this church and to be a missionary! I love you all so much and I will be seeing you on Mother’s Day!












No comments:

Post a Comment